I'll Never Be More Proud


A man walks on this earth
For not so very long
And he wonder what
He'll be remembered by
When he is gone.
So he struggles through the years
Down a road he paves
With hopes and fears
Trying to carve his name
upon the wall of time

And so it is, my son
That I stand here now
Looking over the years
Of all the sweat and tears
That crossed my brow
All the battle plans I drew
And all the mountains
That I tried to move
Lay behind me now
Like miles of sifting sand.

But of all the things I've done
I'll never be more proud
Than of you, my son
And of all the dreams I've had
It meant more just to hear
You call me Dad
More than any wealth or fame
Or any glory I wish I could claim
More than anything I'll ever do
Son, I'll always be most proud
Of You.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: Build a Catapult

Project: Custom Settlers of Catan Board

Project: Underwater Camera Rig